Level 1 Foyer set up as a break out space with catering. Image credit: Graham Jepson
- SMSA can assist with catering on request, covering everything from breakfast meetings, lunches, afternoon teas and cocktail functions.
- To enquire about our catering options and to request an order form contact us on 02 9262 7300 or email@example.com to request a no-obligation quote.
- Catering orders must be received by 12:00pm on the business day before your meeting. Please provide at least 48 hours notice for weekend orders.
- Hirers are under no obligation to use SMSA’s catering service, and may provide their own catering or use a third-party if they wish.
- The Level 1 kitchen includes two large water urns, a coffee urn, a zip hot water heater, microwave, fridge, oven and a dishwasher.
- The Level 3 kitchen includes a zip hot water heater, microwave and fridge. Please note that the dishwasher on Level 3 is for use by SMSA staff only.
- All room hirers have free use of the kitchen on the floor they are using but are obligated to ensure that they leave it clean and tidy for the next hirer to use.
- The Level 1 kitchen can be reserved for exclusive use when booking the whole Level 1 floor.
- Crockery (cups, plates, cutlery) may be hired at an additional daily fee.
Level 1 Foyer
- The foyer area is approx. 155 sq m and comfortably holds approx. 80 people.
- Hirers typically use the foyer as a space for registration and refreshments.
- Use of the foyer is shared with other hirers, unless exclusive use is secured via a whole Level 1 floor booking.
- Complete access to all Level 1 & Level 3 meeting rooms, Level 3 boardroom, Level 3 Tom Keneally Centre and Level 1 theatre is available via lifts.
- An accessible toilet is available on the ground floor, which opens using a standard MLAK key, which can also be obtained from Reception on Level 3 Mon – Fri 9:00am – 5:00pm. (NB: If you are hiring a room on the weekend and/or after office hours and require access to the accessible toilet please ensure you note this on your enquiry as a key can be made available to you for your booking).
- Please note: The Henry Carmichael Theatre stage has a one small stair. An accessibility ramp can be made available upon request.
- As per the Terms and Conditions, alcohol may not be sold on SMSA premises.
- Hirers may serve alcohol that they provide themselves, however they must ensure that Responsible Service of Alcohol is adhered to and servers are qualified with RSA.
- Internet access is available in all rooms and may be accessed via wireless connection. (Please contact Level 3 Reception on 02 9262 7300 or firstname.lastname@example.org for the connection details).
- Internet access is also available via the data points in each room indicated by red dots. Please bring your own network cable if using data points.
- The Henry Carmichael Theatre is equipped with a full audio-visual set up including a data projector, projector screen, computer, lectern, roving microphones, lapel microphones, in-built videoconferencing camera and sound system.
- Audio-Visual equipment for the Meeting Rooms may be hired for an additional daily fee, including data projectors, TV and DVD, and a portable microphone / amp. Please indicate all equipment required on the Venue Hire Booking Form.
- Whiteboards and flipcharts can also available upon request. Please note that all meeting rooms have in-built whiteboards.
These Frequently Asked Questions are provided to answer some of our most common Venue Hire enquiries, however they should be read in conjunction with our Venue Hire Terms and Conditions.
Our Venue Hire team is ready to help with any questions not answered on this page.
Contact our Venue Hire team
on 02 9262 7300
SMSA Venue Hire Terms and Conditions