The Annual General Meeting of the Sydney Mechanics’ School of Arts will be held at 12:30pm on Tuesday, 21st March 2017 in the Mitchell Theatre, level 1, 280 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000. A light luncheon will be served prior to the meeting from 11:45am.
Business of the Annual General Meeting
- Conduct of the Meeting (including Convening Notice and Safety information)
- Welcome and Acknowledgement of Traditional Owners
- Confirmation of the Minutes:
- The previous Annual General Meeting held on 14 March 2016
- The Special General Meeting held on 1 December 2016
- President’s Address
- Treasurer’s Address
- Presentation of the Annual Report for approval
- Appointment of Auditors for 2017
- Elections (including Introduction of Candidates)
- Guest Speaker: Michelle Leonard, Founder and Artistic Director, Moorambilla Voices
- Nomination for Life Members
- Meeting closure
Elections to the Board
Nominations are sought for the election of seven (7) directors and the position of President. The nominations open on Monday, 30th January 2017 at 12:30pm and close on Thursday, 9th March 2017 at 5:00pm.
The SMSA 2017 Board Nomination Form will be available on Monday, 30th January 2017 in the Library, on the SMSA website, or on request from the Secretary. Only the 2017 form is valid. Forms may be lodged with the Secretary in person; by postal mail to level 3, 280 Pitt St, Sydney NSW 2000; or by email to email@example.com.
An information session for potential candidates will be held on Thursday, 9 February 2017 at 5:30pm. Please register your interest in attending this session with the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with By-law 13.3, “A person wishing to stand for election must be a qualified member of the Sydney Mechanics’ School of Arts for twelve months prior to the date of the Annual General Meeting and be nominated by another qualified member.”
Candidates who have nominated for election will have their profile displayed in the Library and on the SMSA website from 12:30pm on Tuesday. 14th March 2017
In accordance with the By-laws (2016) pre-polling will commence on Tuesday, 14th March 2017 at 12:30pm and will close on Tuesday, 21st March 2017 at 12:45pm, being 15 minutes after the commencement of the Annual General Meeting.
By Order of the Board,