The library will be reverting to Click & Collect only effective Monday, 20 July due to the rise in Coronavirus cases in the last few days,This decision has been made by the Board to in the best interests of staff and members.
Library Click & Collect Hours
From Monday 20 July until further notice.
Monday to Friday, 9:30am – 2:00pm
Closed on Saturday
- Click & Collect only
- The Library will be closed for entry.
- Browse & Borrow is no longer operating.
Library Update — Stage 1 reopening from 1 July
14 weeks ago, the SMSA library closed our doors for normal business. Members have embraced our online and “Click and Collect” services during this time and we have appreciated your patience. Although the NSW Government allowed public libraries to open from the 15th of May, we decided that it was better to continue to remain closed as we do not want to take any chances.
But now I have some good news!
The SMSA Library will reopen part-time from 1 July — however limits and restrictions will be in place to comply with social distancing and safety requirements provided by the Australian Library and Information Association and NSW government.
As we are taking all precautions and this is all new territory for us all, there may be teething issues, but we hope you will bear with us. Please be patient and be respectful of each other and the staff until such time that we can further relax restrictions.
So, here are the guidelines we will be adhering to for Stage 1 of reopening the library:
SMSA Library — Stage 1 Reopening
from 1 July until further notice
STAGE 1 LIBRARY HOURS
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 9:30am-2:00pm
Closed on Saturday
The Library will be open for Browse & Borrow only
NB: Click & Collect will no longer be available
- There will be a limit of 10 members in the Library at one time.
- We will be operating a roster of 20 minute intervals for members to visit, starting at 9.30 with a 5 minute break between visits to give staff time to clean and prepare for other members.
- These timeslots are on a ‘first come, first served’ basis and we are not able to take bookings.
- If the library is already at capacity, we will ask you to leave and come back for the next available timeslot. Due to social distancing requirements members are not permitted to wait in the lobby and will need to leave the building to wait for their timeslot.
- Library staff are required to keep a record of all members who visit the Library, so you will need to:
- Sign in as you enter the Library,
- Have your temperature taken,
- Confirm that you have not been in contact with anyone with the covid-19 virus.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided on entry and departure
- The library will be open for Browse & Borrow only.
- There will be a returns box outside the library if you do not wish to enter.
- Cuthberts will be closed and there will be no tea or coffee available.
- Newspapers and crosswords will not be available
- Computer access for checking emails, etc. will be limited to 1 (one) computer which will be wiped down by staff between users. A 10 minute time limit will be in place if there is more than one person waiting to use the computer. Please be mindful of your time to be fair to other users.
- The Click & Collect service will no longer be available.
I understand that this is not a perfect scenario but we need to keep our members and our staff safe. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the library by email on email@example.com and we will be more than happy to assist you.
We look forward to seeing you soon!