These Frequently Asked Questions are provided to answer some of our most common enquiries, however please also refer to the Terms and Conditions of use for further clarification.
- The level 1 kitchen includes 2 large water urns, a coffee urn, a zip hot water heater, microwave, fridge, oven and a dishwasher.
- All room hirers have free use of the kitchen or it can be reserved for exclusive use when booking the whole floor.
- Crockery may be hired at an additional daily fee.
- The foyer area is approx 155 sq m and comfortably holds approx. 80 people.
- Hirers typically use the foyer as a space for registration and refreshments.
- Use of the foyer is shared with other hirers, unless exclusive use is secured via a whole floor booking.
- Complete access to both the meeting rooms and theatre is available via lifts.
- An accessible toilet is available on the ground floor, which opens using a standard MLAK key, which can also be obtained from Reception on level 3.
- Please note: The Mitchell Theatre stage has some stairs.
- As per the Terms and Conditions, alcohol may not be sold on SMSA premises.
- Hirers may serve alcohol, however they must ensure that Responsible Service of Alcohol is adhered to and servers are qualified with RSA.
Internet access is available in all Level 1 rooms and may be accessed via wireless (Please contact Level 3 Reception on 02 9262 7300 for the connection details), or via the data points in each room indicated by red dots. Please bring your own network cable.
The Mitchell Theatre is equiped with a full audiovisual set up including a data projector, projector screen, computer, lectern, roving microphones, lapel microphones and sound system.
Audio-Visual equipment for the Meeting Rooms may be hired for an additional daily fee, including data projectors, TV and DVD, and a portable microphone / amp. Please indicate all equipment required on the Venue Hire Booking Form.